Monday, January 19, 2009

JUST ONE THING



Found this presentation via a fellow "twitterer" thanks Yvonne http://tlpsart.edublogs.org/

It was interesting that the presenter reiterated the idea that teachers dont have to have a wealth of experience or knowledge when using technology. Teachers too can be learners alongside of their students. We dont have to be the delegated driver, sometimes it is fun and far more valuable to be a passenger. The idea of not having to be an expert is reassuring for me as I watch and learn so much from my own children who are comfortable in their exciting and ever changing world.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this presentation Janine. I agree with the notion that being a passenger can be just as rewarding as being a driver. Remember the first time I tried to use Google Sketchup with year 6? I only had the vaguest idea of how to use it so I invited 2 students to teach the class with me sitting with them on a computer learning right along side them.
    It is far too easy for teachers to say that they can't use technology or web 2.0 tools because they don't know enough. It is no longer an option because, as the presenter said, the students are living this. This is their reality and, like it or not, it is our responsibility to go along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete